Monday, November 19, 2007

Gout and Emu Oil

Gout and Emu Oil

Gout (aka metabolic arthritis or gouty arthritis) is a disease due to euric acid crystals that form around joints, tendons and surrounding tissues due to high levels of uric acid in the blood stream, causing an inflammatory reaction of these tissues.

This is where in my desperation to find a solution to gout in my big toe started. I love my tomatoes and my red meat, and have tended not to drink much when I should have, (that is water). Whether gout in my big toe was amplified by an injury in my young years or my love of pasta dishes, goodness knows.

That big toe, I kid you not, would become so sensitive to any knocks or touches, threatening my sanity and those who live with me.
This became more of a problem when I could not work, due to this crippling disease.

So if I got gout again, I would be out of action for anywhere between 4-6 days. I'm sure the boss was not happy about that! Gout medication seemed to help, but not quickly.

Well I figured, if pure emu oil is great for reducing inflammation naturally, I would rub the emu oil around my toe gently, 4-6 times a day. Drank lots of water. I reduced the amount of downtime from 6 days to 24-48 hours. Great Stuff!

It seems to work even faster if you start applying emu oil around your big toe, when you start noticing stiffness in your big toe.

Hope this can help someone out there.

You can get emu oil at www.emu-shop.com



No comments: